Senior Management Accountant
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
As Senior Management Accountant you will be responsible for maintaining the General Ledger, preparing the monthly and annual accounts, VAT and Tax returns, and working closely with the Accounts Administrator and Financial Controller to ensure all accounting deadlines are met. You will also be responsible for ensuring the accounts accurately reflect the project reporting requirements for the business, working closely with the Operations team on decision making and improvements to processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the monthly reporting pack in line with reporting timelines
- Preparation of cash flow forecasting and budgets
- Review of the business’s monthly performance against budget, identifying and investigating key variances
- Project Costing and Costs analysis
- Provide detailed and timely reporting to management
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and investigate any issues timely
- Work closely with the accounts administrator and procurement team to ensure controls are being adhered to, timelines are being met and all issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Preparation of the Annual Statutory Accounts and Tax Computations
- Work with our auditors to provide relevant information and be able to explain workings
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Assist with process improvements and documenting procedure policies
- Adhere to internal controls and compliance
An enthusiastic, qualified accountant with 1-3 years post qualified experience - interested in progressing through the Finance team with the expectation of promotion to Financial Controller within 2-5 years.
- Qualified Accountant with membership of a professional body such as ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Previous experience producing monthly management accounts
- Experience using Sage accounting software
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and IT skills
- A good attention to detail
- Adaptive and resilient, responding positively to changes in deadlines and processes
- Good communication skills and comfortable communicating across all levels
- Confident and able to assert themselves in a professional manner
- Organisational skills and the ability to manage changing priorities within tight deadlines
- Team player
- Focused on delivering results
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it will evolve as it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge and skills required for this post may develop and change in time.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.