To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
We’re building something special at Fibrus, and our team is at the very heart of it.
We’re unashamedly selective in who we bring into our team – you’ll have exceptional ability, share our purpose, and quite simply love what you do! And you’ll feel the same about your next employer. You’ll want to join a growing organisation, to help mould the business and to have a real voice in how things are done. You’ll want to grow and develop your career and you’re looking for a business which will encourage you to be, and do, your very best.
We can offer all of that, along with competitive base salaries, bonus/commission schemes and enhanced company benefits.
We require an enthusiastic and self-motivated Quantity Surveyor to manage and support all commercial and contractual matters, alongside the commercial and wider build teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects are both on time and within budget. This role can be based in Belfast or GB and will include the following (but not limited to)
- Preparation of Purchase Orders & Works contracts
- Drive good governance across Contractor delivery in alignment with Fibrus contractual, programme & commercial requirements
- Assessment of Applications for Payment in line with contractual timelines
- Negotiating and agreeing payments with both internal and external stakeholders
- Reporting of Payment Assessment internally for approval
- Liaising with Operational teams to identify, highlight & mitigate commercial and contractual risks/opportunities
- Preparation and reporting of cost reports across each project
- Preparation, negotiation and agreement of Final accounts in line with the contractual requirements
- Management/Monitoring of Change Control within each project
- Building and maintaining contractual relationships with build partners
- Support Commercial requests across business and change management process
- Supporting delivery of contract outcomes and savings, contract audits, contract reporting and contract tracking
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Significant experience in a similar role of managing the rollout of major infrastructure projects, ideally in a telecoms or main contracting environment
- Independent/self-starter, proactive and hard working
- Strong negotiation, organisational and communication skills
- Strong team player
- Willing to travel as required throughout UK
- Experience working within a busy environment with shared responsibilities
- Good people skills and comfortable communicating across the company hierarchy
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages incl; Outlook, Word, Excel.
- UK Driving License
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the local digital infrastructure, starting in Northern Ireland, but we are very excited to be expanding our reach to the North of England as well!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.