Fibrus Ltd is an exciting new telecommunications provider seeking to transform the digital infrastructure of rural and regional Northern Ireland by investing in excess of £100m to bring full fibre broadband to homes and businesses across Northern Ireland.
Fibrus is owned by Infracapital, a leading infrastructure investor, who have a strong track-record in delivering, owning and managing investments in full fibre broadband projects.
The significant investment from Infracapital has allowed Fibrus to put in place a team that is simply second to none and we will only recruit the best. By that we mean people with exceptional commitment & ability. You will be joining the team leading the future of Fibrus.
You will be joining the team leading the future of Fibrus.As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day project management of our technology and network construction projects with proven experience in
- Scope and Schedule Management
- Risk and Issue Management
- Finance and cost control management
- Resource and people management
- Benefits Management
This is a hands-on position with high level of competency required. The candidate will be expected to hold a high level of ownership for their area of responsibility.
The Role / Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation, to define and achieve mutual understanding of the project scope.
- Work with the team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfil the scope, building a detailed project plan to track progress
- Plan the project(s) in sufficient detail to ensure integration of all activities, identification of cross-portfolio dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones
- Ensure non-people resources are identified so that the project budget will be accurate and remain affordable.
- Ensure all necessary cross-functional resources are identified and ensure that all resources understand their roles and accept their responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day management for the project – time, cost and quality in line with APM framework
- Ensure there is a robust process in place for risk and issue management instigating mitigation actions and identifying contingency plans to keep the project on track
- Establish effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Ensure effective communication is maintained throughout the project.
- Ensure effective management of third-party suppliers to the project(s).
- Using appropriate systems, tools and techniques, establish and manage an effective project reporting structure to measure and track project performance
The ideal person will have a proven track record of managing and delivering projects to time cost and quality within the telecommunications / IT industry
Experience and Education
- 3+ years’ experience in project management
- Proven track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality
- Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall
- Facilitation and workshop experience
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills including scope and schedule management
- Risk and Issue Management experience
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools and MS Project
- 3rd level education in a relevant field preferred
- Professional qualification in project management, such as APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or another recognised qualification (e.g. Prince2 or PMP)
- Focused on delivering results
- Belief in the project
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Team player
- Track record of achievement in any field
- Can demonstrate investment in your career development and progression
- Personality; interacts comfortably with other people
- Adaptive; positively responds to changes in deadlines and processes
- Tenacity; will keep going until the job is done
- Good Communication skills, comfortable communicating across all levels
- Confident; can assert yourself in a professional and amenable manner
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.