To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Project Manager
JOB LOCATION: Cumbria
TERMS: Full time, permanent
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting telecommunications provider with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company within the UK. Founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital, Fibrus continue to deliver full fibre broadband to more and more homes and businesses across parts of Northern Ireland and Great Britain.
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country and we are committed to bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day project management of our technology and network construction projects.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation, to define and achieve mutual understanding of the project scope.
- Work with the team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfil the scope, building a detailed project plan to track progress
- Plan the project(s) in sufficient detail to ensure integration of all activities, identification of cross-portfolio dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones
- Ensure non-people resources are identified so that the project budget will be accurate and remain affordable.
- Ensure all necessary cross-functional resources are identified and ensure that all resources understand their roles and accept their responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day management for the project – time, cost and quality in line with APM framework
- Ensure there is a robust process in place for risk and issue management instigating mitigation actions and identifying contingency plans to keep the project on track
- Establish effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Ensure effective communication is maintained throughout the project.
- Ensure effective management of third-party suppliers to the project(s).
- Using appropriate systems, tools and techniques, establish and manage an effective project reporting structure to measure and track project performance
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Significant experience in project management
- Proven track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality
- Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall
- Facilitation and workshop experience
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills including scope and schedule management
- Risk and Issue Management experience
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools and MS Project
- 3rd level education in a relevant field preferred
- Professional qualification in project management, such as APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or another recognised qualification (e.g. Prince2 or PMP)
Fibrus are committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.