Programme Lead - Project Stratum
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Programme Lead – Project Stratum
JOB LOCATION: Belfast
Reporting to the Programme Delivery Director, this critical role within the PMO will take the lead in ensuring the day to day oversight and management of commercial and public sector programmes across the business.
The Programme Lead will be an experienced senior manager with experience in delivering complex programmes with a record of delivery in programme and project management along with experience of translating business strategy into an integrated work break down structure from which a related portfolio of projects is created.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The successful individual will be accountable for all aspects of Project Stratum and will be responsible for ensuring that the wider PMO Project Managers team discharge risk responsibilities in line with agreed professional standards.
- Responsible for the day to day delivery and oversight of public sector programme delivery
- Acting DOA to Programme Delivery Director for all aspects of programme delivery across the business
- Demonstrable experience and capability to define high/medium complex undefined solutions which will deliver positive business impact
- Work across projects and programmes to develop and manage project controls, risk and interdependencies across Fibrus business activities
- Detailed, day to day scrutiny of programme controls and real time actions to instigate improvement and mitigation initiatives
- Ability to manage high levels of ambiguity when dealing with emerging business strategy
- Defining and agreeing client business objectives
- Build client relationships at board level
- Develop and produce reports that give meaningful insight into the performance of the programmes
- High competency in Presenting and writing reports
- Extensive diverse team leadership e.g., PMO, Implementation managers, benefits managers, change managers, contract managers, etc.
- Ability to challenge ‘the norm’ and provide support to the development of change activities across all aspects of the project
- Provide support to the Programme Delivery Director as required
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
The ideal person will come from a commercial background with experience in infrastructure related projects. Experience in the telecoms industry would be advantageous, but not a necessity, with experience of project and programme management on large scale programmes. Must have or can develop a high degree of knowledge and information about the business and the programmes to be able to make informed decisions.
- Leadership ability and experience to lead a large programme team
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to meet objectives, working independently with minimal guidance and supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior execs and programme team contacts (both internal and client), and at a level appropriate to the audience
- Strong facilitation, written and communication skills with a high level of proficiency with MS Office, MS SharePoint, MS Teams
- Considerable experience in project/programme management in a client facing project/programme
- Good understanding of Fibre based network technologies and their deployment
- Proven track record of developing and delivering robust reporting and evidence tracking for programme deliverables and costs
- Proven track record of managing risks and issues whilst delivering projects to time, cost and quality
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.