Programme Delivery Director - PMO
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Programme Delivery Director - PMO
JOB LOCATION: Belfast or GB
This is a key role within the organisation, requiring an individual with a proven record of taking the lead in the delivery of multiple complex and high value programmes. Requiring a tenacious leader, the successful applicant will boast previous successes in managing commercial programmes, demonstrate highly effective communication skills and possess the ability to oversee and manage all commercial and public sector programmes across the Fibrus business.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will already have experience of delivering complex high value programmes and taking the lead in a similar critical role within the PMO. You’ll have a proven record that shows your leadership, tenacity and direction, that helped shaped your current or past organisation. We require a highly effective communicator who will be expected to liaise with senior leaders and/or board level and who can act as a second in command to our Chief Programme Delivery Officer, ensuring the day to day oversight and management of all commercial and public sector programmes across the business.
- Responsible for the day to day delivery and oversight of commercial and public sector programme delivery against time and budget KPI’s
- Line management of all Programme and PM resources responsible for delivering projects
- Management of all client liaison on day to day basis during delivery of projects
- Acting DOA to Chief Programme Delivery Officer for all aspects of programme delivery across the business
- Demonstrable experience and capability to define high/medium complex undefined solutions which will deliver positive business impact
- Work across projects and programmes to develop and manage project controls, risk and interdependencies across Fibrus business activities
- Detailed day to day scrutiny of programme controls and real time actions to instigate improvement and mitigation initiatives
- Ability to manage high levels of ambiguity when dealing with emerging business strategy
- Defining and agreeing client business objectives
- Build client relationships at board level
- Develop and produce reports that give meaningful insight into the performance of the programmes
- Extensive leadership of a diverse team e.g., PMO, implementation managers, benefits managers, change managers, contract managers, etc.
- Ability to challenge ‘the norm’ and provide support to the development of change activities across all aspects of the project
- Provide support to the Chief Programme Delivery Officer as required
- Deal with the escalation of contract disputes and ensure that Contract and Technical Teams follow all agreed control procedures
- Prepare papers for Company Board Pack, present at Executive and Board Meetings, and be involved in discussing and influencing all aspects of the Fibrus network build programmes
- Ability to travel within NI and GB as required
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
You’ll be a director level professional, highly experienced in delivering complex programmes with a record of successful delivery in programme and project management. In addition, you’ll demonstrate the ability to translate business strategy into an integrated work break down structure from which a related portfolio of projects is created.
The ideal person will come from a commercial background with experience in infrastructure related projects and director level project and programme management on a large scale. Experience in the telecoms industry would be advantageous however you must have, or be able to develop, a high degree of knowledge and information about the business and the programmes in order to make informed decisions.
The individual will be accountable for all aspects of the programmes and will be responsible for ensuring that the wider PMO project managers team discharge risk responsibilities in line with agreed professional standards.
- 3+ years’ experience at Director level project/programme management in a client facing project/programme
- Good understanding of Fibre based network technologies and their deployment
- Proven track record of developing and delivering robust reporting and evidence tracking for programme deliverables and costs
- Proven ability to build and maintain long term stakeholder support, across all levels
- Proven track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills including scope and schedule management
- Risk and Issue Management experience
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills; interacts comfortably with other people
- High competency in writing and presenting reports
- Effective negotiation skills
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools
- A sense for identifying and pursuing opportunities for improvement
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the local digital infrastructure, starting in Northern Ireland, but we are very excited to be expanding our reach to the North of England as well!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.