Planning Manager - Design
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
We’re building something special at Fibrus, and our team is at the very heart of it.
We’re unashamedly selective in who we bring into our team – you’ll have exceptional ability, share our purpose and quite simply love what you do! And you’ll feel the same about your next employer. You’ll want to join a growing organisation, to help mould the business and to have a real voice in how things are done. You’ll want to grow and develop your career and you’re looking for a business which will encourage you to be, and do, your very best.
We can offer all of that, along with competitive base salaries, bonus/commission schemes and enhanced company benefits.
The Role / Responsibilities
Reporting to the COO, the Design Manager will be responsible for the setup and delivery of a design and planning unit to deliver FTTH designs that support the aggressive rollout of Fibrus network. Managing both in house and 3rd party teams delivering high quality designs utilising the latest developments in fibre design to ensure accurate and efficient delivery to the highest standards. This is an exciting opportunity to join and develop our new Design division.
- Build a design and planning team to support the Fibrus network expansion.
- Define and implement the end to end process from survey, LLD, HLD to include QA.
- Produce project plan and resource requirements to meet targets.
- Utilise the latest fibre developments/scripting/automation to ensure efficient and quality delivery.
- Lead on system development to support the design team.
- Produce technical/process specifications to support the efficient delivery of targets within set KPIs.
- Manage third party suppliers to ensure delivery is aligned.
- Ensure the highest quality designs are maintained to meet the defined standards.
- Provide final sign off against design release.
The person will contribute to the culture of curiosity, commitment and collaboration demonstrating how they reflect the following attributes:
- Focused on delivering results
- Belief in the project
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Thinking and reflecting about the project
- Team player
- Track record of achievement in any field
- Can demonstrate investment in your career development and progression
- Good level of natural intelligence
- Common sense approach
- Personality – interacts comfortably with other people
- Adaptive communication style
- Tenacity – will keep going until the job is done
- A graduate in Electronic Engineering, Data communications, or a related field
- Effective communicator with your team, the client and management
- Capable of using AutoCAD or GIS system (Smallworld, Connectmaster or Bentley Microstation, QGIS, ArcGis)
- Excellent understanding of scripting tools utilised to improve design efficiency.
- Civils, Cabling and Network Activation experience
- A qualified project manager in Prince 2 or PMP or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in telecommunications planning management
- Proven ability to lead design teams
- Knowledge of Local Authorities road-works codes of practice
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.