PIA Compliance Officer GB
Fibrus is the exciting new company bringing full fibre broadband to the homes and businesses of Northern Ireland. We are the most exciting telecommunications operator in Northern Ireland today and are now expanding our operations to the North of England. With world class backing and management, Fibrus is building a world class team and will only recruit the best. By that we mean people with exceptional commitment & ability, and if you have experience in key areas, that is great too.
This role is for someone who is looking to make a real investment in their career. Working directly alongside the PIA team you will be required to ensure Fibrus is compliant in line with ‘PIA’ and ‘Openreach Engineering Principles’ in the field. You will conduct audits and make recommendations to ensure we remain compliant.
You will be responsible for the following areas and activities:
- Ensure compliance with specified PIA ‘Engineering Principles’ and H&S standards.
- Periodically conducts audits and reviews to ensure execution of PIA compliance standards.
- Conducts interviews, scrutinises details, and asks questions to make sure employees make every effort to stay compliant in the field teams.
- Writes and distributes documents that educate others on how to improve compliance.
- Maintain proper record of compliance assessments and duly notify management of conditions that do not meet set standards
- Assist with training and supporting operatives.
- Work closely with the build teams creating a safe working environment.
- Be able to audit the Network as set out in the ‘Engineering Principles’ and ‘PIA Audits’.
- PIA Field support | check & validate queries | take photos.
- Support as-built process.
- Willing to travel anywhere in Northern Ireland and be flexible with time management.
The perfect person will come from a field-based telecommunications role who has a background working on the physical infrastructure. With sound knowledge of Health & Safety standards and auditing telecom network build.
- Previous experience working on the Openreach Network or another telecommunications provider network is necessary.
- Auditing field work, in-progress, and retro-perspective.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of NRSWA & HSG47 working practices.
- Able to identity unsafe working practices and coach personnel on best practice.
- Safe working practices when dealing with hazards.
- Coaching experience.
- Can demonstrate the ability to learn technical knowledge relating to products and services.
- Fully PIA Accredited for underground and overhead infrastructure – training will be required if necessary
- Previous role as an auditor in a telecoms company
- GIS experience
- Focused on delivering results
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Team player
- Can demonstrate investment in your career development and progression
- Willing to undertake additional responsibilities when required
- Personality; interacts comfortably with other people
- Adaptive; positively responds to changes in deadlines and processes
- Good Communication skills, comfortable communicating across all levels
- Confident; can assert yourself in a professional and amenable manner
- Organisational skills and the ability at any stage to manage changing priorities within tight deadlines while ensuring quality output and delivery of results
- Join the founding team of a company set to disrupt the face of the local telecoms industry
- Career development
- Generous salary and benefits
- Health Plan
Applicants must also possess a current driving licence and use of a car for business purposes or have access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to meet the requirements of the post in full.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it will evolve as it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge, and skills required for this post may develop and change in time.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.