Newly Qualified Management Accountant
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Newly Qualified Management Accountant
JOB LOCATION: Belfast
As a Newly Qualified Management Accountant you will support the wider finance team to ensure we as a company meet our accounting deadlines. You will work with others in the financial team and further afield to ensure monthly and annual accounts and VAT and Tax returns are completed and the General Ledger is maintained. You will also have the opportunity to work with the Operations team to improve and create processes.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- You will assist in the review of our monthly performance against budget, identifying and investigating key variances, completing cash flow forecasting and preparing the monthly reporting pack
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and investigate any issues timely
- Work closely with the Accounts Administrator and procurement team to ensure controls are being adhered to, timelines are being met and all issues resolved in a timely manner
- Preparation and submission of the monthly tax returns ie. VAT/CIS/Intrastat
- Business partnering with our commercial team to assist with strategic planning and decision making
- Work with our auditors to provide relevant information
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- You will likely be a newly qualified Accountant with membership of a professional body such as ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- You will be in a similar fast paced role or be in a position to show us that you’re ready for this growth opportunity and the ability to work to deadlines
- You will have strong financial reporting experience and experience in producing monthly management account and/or statutory financial statements
- You will have experience of using accounting software and be comfortable using Microsoft Excel
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.