To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Network Architect
JOB LOCATION: Belfast
Reporting directly to the Lead Technical Architect, the Network Architect will be responsible for helping to develop our network expansion in NI & GB as we scale our broadband network rollout. The Network Architect will work closely with the Lead Technical Architect to develop, bench test and oversee the design into build. This important role will explore ways to introduce new technologies to improve the network performance whilst at the same time maximise any savings.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Responsible for identifying and designing network solutions that will improve the network reach/performance or cost
- Identify network SPoF’s and design solutions to improve resilience
- Identify network capacity issues and design solutions to improve performance and ensure network performs in line with expectations
- Design solutions that interoperate seamlessly with OSS & BSS systems
- Liaise with 3rd party telecoms providers to identify and select network solutions and oversee bench testing to ensure smooth transition into production
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Strong Telecoms network experience (Broadband networks is desirable)
- Strong experience in designing complex network solutions
- Ability and experience in identifying and executing network solutions to improve business case outcomes
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, an independent/self-starter, proactive and hard working with analytical and critical thinking
- Strong sense of values, ethics and confidentiality, for dealing with sensitive information
- Ability to identify network growth opportunities to maximise network reach at minimal Fibrus cost
- Ability to articulate positions and resolve contractual issues disputes
- Ability to contribute effective, value-add contracting advice to internal business clients and to guide and direct internal clients in comprehending and interpreting business contract requirements
- 3rd level education in a relevant field
- Experience in telecoms or infrastructure related projects
- Experience of working public funded programmes
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please click the “apply” button and our People & Culture team will be in contact with you if your application is successful. We wish you the best of luck with your application and thank you for your interest in Fibrus.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.