Lead Environmental and Sustainability Senior Specialist
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
We’re building something special at Fibrus, and our team is at the very heart of it.
We’re unashamedly selective in who we bring into our team – you’ll have exceptional ability, share our purpose and quite simply love what you do! And you’ll feel the same about your next employer. You’ll want to join a growing organisation, to help mould the business and to have a real voice in how things are done. You’ll want to grow and develop your career and you’re looking for a business which will encourage you to be, and do, your very best.
We can offer all of that, along with competitive base salaries, bonus/commission schemes and enhanced company benefits.
If this sounds like a good match, have a look at our current opportunities below.
You’ll be responsible for designing, implementing and delivering the Environmental and Sustainability strategy for Fibrus Networks Limited, whilst developing and managing processes to ensure so we are building and delivering an environmentally sustainable network. Passionate about the future of our planet, you’ll use your expertise and influencing skills to inspire a cultural transformation and the integration of environmentally sustainable behaviours and tools across operational and functional areas.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Provide strategic insight, guidance and leadership, ensuring business compliance grows and is aligned at all times with local regulations and societal expectations, delivering a sustainable environmental performance.
- Partner with our Investors (Infracapital) to ensure alignment with our Carbon reduction Strategies.
- Partner with key stakeholders & functional experts across the Business including Legal, Commercial, Marketing, Procurement and Finance to ensure the effective communication of our environmental and sustainability agenda
- Coach, mentor and manage the project implementation teams to deliver business sustainability goals and objectives
- Build cross functional relationships within the value stream to build trust and gain the privilege of challenging the current state. Strong understanding of change management to build momentum and excitement for operational changes across the business.
- Develop and Continuously Improve our ISO Integrated Management Systems. Key focus on ISO 14001.
- Identify and highlight Product Stewardship risks and work with business subject matter experts to develop mitigation strategies across the supply chain.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering (or equivalent)
- Ability to influence and communicate well within all levels of the organization
- Demonstrable ability to lead in a complex environment, energizing teams and executing strategic projects.
- Proven ability to drive and manage change initiatives.
- Ability to successfully motivate and maintain high moral, employee involvement, safety and teamwork.
- Support continued certification to the environmental management system, ISO 14001.
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the local digital infrastructure, starting in Northern Ireland, but we are very excited to be expanding our reach to the North of England as well!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please (click the “apply” button) and Stacey from our People & Culture team will be in contact with you if your application is successful. We wish you the best of luck with your application and thank you for taking the time to applying to Fibrus.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.