Interim Chief Financial Officer
To apply please visit our careers site.
We’re building something special at Fibrus, and our team is at the very heart of it.
We’re unashamedly selective in who we bring into our team – you’ll have exceptional ability, share our purpose and quite simply love what you do! And you’ll feel the same about your next employer. You’ll want to join a growing organisation, to help mould the business and to have a real voice in how things are done. You’ll want to grow and develop your career and you’re looking for a business which will encourage you to be, and do, your very best.
We can offer all of that, along with competitive base salaries, bonus/commission schemes and enhanced company benefits.
If this sounds like a good match, have a look at our current opportunities below.
We are looking for an exceptional financial leader with substantial experience of working at board level and a proven track record of operating in developing organisations. You’ll be undertaking a 6-month assignment, working closely with the founders and investors in the continued scaling and growth of the business.
With strong stakeholder management skills and sound business acumen, you’ll be responsible for developing and delivering the company’s financial strategy and business planning, with wider responsibility for governance, assurance, risk, and procurement. You will be responsible for engaging with an array of stakeholders including government departments.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth, and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Play an integral role in commercial and strategic decisions to help maximise current operations and continued growth.
- Lead, develop and evaluate the financial model, ensuring it is embedded across the business.
- Identify financial and business risks within the businesses to develop and implement a risk mitigation plan.
- Facilitate monthly detailed business board review monitoring the financial performance of the business against targets.
- Support business leaders, guiding them in planning and managing their departmental budgets.
- Lead on providing consistent, in-depth, and high quality financial and management reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Oversee the development and enhancement of efficient and accurate financial reporting systems.
- Lead the finance and legal function providing support, coaching and development to drive continuous improvement.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Proven experience at a CFO or Finance Director level
- Qualified to degree level with an accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA equivalent)
- Proven ability to direct a diverse group of professionals in accomplishing complex tasks.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills, comfortable interacting, and motivating personnel at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
- Intellectually capable, with the ability to act as a true commercial business partner to the leadership team and Board.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales.
- Self-motivated starter, able to instigate and manage change.
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the local digital infrastructure, starting in Northern Ireland, but we are very excited to be expanding our reach to the North of England as well!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.