Installation Manager GB
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Installation Manager
JOB LOCATION: Newcastle Upon Tyne
We’re building something special at Fibrus, and our team is at the very heart of it.
We’re unashamedly selective in who we bring into our team – you’ll have exceptional ability, share our purpose, and quite simply love what you do! And you’ll feel the same about your next employer. You’ll want to join a growing organisation, to help mould the business and to have a real voice in how things are done. You’ll want to grow and develop your career and you’re looking for a business which will encourage you to be, and do, your very best.
We can offer all of that, along with competitive base salaries, bonus/commission schemes and enhanced company benefits.
This role is for someone who is looking to make a real investment in their career. You will be joining the team laying out the future of Fibrus. The structure of this team and their responsibilities will change as the company grows. This role demands a tenacity and commitment to deliver as well as possibly undertake elements outside your role. But you will be rewarded with encouragement and support to learn and progress in areas where you otherwise may not be afforded the chance to.
As Installation Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day project management of our technology and network construction projects with proven experience in
- Scope and Schedule Management
- Risk and Issue Management
- Finance and cost control management
- Resource and people management
- Benefits Management
This is a faced paced position with a high level of competency and multi-tasking abilities required. The candidate will be expected to hold a high level of ownership for their area of responsibility.
You will be responsible for the following areas and activities:
- Plan the project(s) in enough detail to ensure integration of all activities, identification of cross-portfolio dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones
- Work with the team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfil the scope, building a detailed project plan to track progress
- Ensuring a smooth customer journey through to completion and aftercare
- Liaising with the wayleave officer and management agencies to oversee projects
- Managing all vendors/contractors for instalment & establishing effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Monitoring, reporting and escalating issues within projects, with risk mitigation and recovery plans in place in order to minimise any affects
- Early identification of any risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/ or overhead cost impacting upon the project
- Ensuring contractual KPI’s and technical specifications are adhered to and met
- Ensuring individuals H&S training is completed
- Be a point of escalation for all issues ultimately ensuring customer satisfaction levels remain high.
You will be able to work in a busy and fast paced environment and will have be able to develop a process that will allow for the best customer experience in a high paced environment. ** Customer focus is key
- 3-5 years’ experience of field-based installation or service management
- Ability to manage and prioritise deadlines and capable to foresee and eradicate future problems
- Proven track record of managing a field-based team in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment
- Problem solver
- Well organised
- Experience in managing resources for demand profiles
- Electrical Engineering Background
- Educated to BTEC standard. (or equivalent)
- Health & Safety certifications.
- Focused on delivering results
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Team player
- Can demonstrate investment in your career development and progression
- Willing to undertake additional responsibilities when required
- Personality; interacts comfortably with other people
- Adaptive; positively responds to changes in deadlines and processes
- Good Communication skills, comfortable communicating across all levels
- Confident; can assert yourself in a professional and amenable manner
- Organisational skills and the ability at any stage to manage changing priorities within tight deadlines while ensuring quality output and delivery of results
- Join the founding team of a company set to disrupt the face of the local telecoms industry
- Career development
- Generous salary and benefits
- Additional benefits as the company grow
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.