To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: HSEQ Advisor
JOB LOCATION: Belfast
The HSEQ Advisor will support the delivery of an integrated service in all aspects of HSEQ management, including supporting the development and delivery of strategic plans and objectives that support both operational requirements and the Group’s governance and assurance framework for health, safety, environmental and quality management.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Provide assistance and contribute to the effective delivery of an ISO Integrated Management System
- Provide input into the development, delivery and maintenance of effective and proactive strategies for managing HSEQ risks, and for improving performance
- Support the development and delivery of internal/external training to operational teams (and other parties, where required) in line with agreed Fibrus competency programmes
- Support operational managers and project teams on a broad range of HSEQ issues, helping them to embed policy and process where appropriate
- Provide technical advice to operational teams in the investigation and resolution of accidents and incidents
- Provide direction and support for project-based personnel, ensuring alignment with Fibrus HSEQ requirements
- Support operational teams in implementing appropriate and robust assurance ‘systems’ across the Business unit, to ensure that they are relevant to operational needs and encourage a consistently high level of governance and performance
- Support operational teams in measuring the effectiveness of HSEQ policy implementation through inspection/audit, the review of appropriate performance measures and by contributing to the monthly HSEQ (and operational) reporting cycle
- Provide intelligence to the business on existing / emerging HSEQ legal requirements and sector/client-specific standards
- Support environmental responsibilities to drive compliance and continuous improvement
- Monitor our contractors and identify key improvement areas
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Qualification in a relevant subject related to construction health and safety management (e.g., NEBOSH Certificate) or equivalent qualifications/experience
- Experience in developing and implementing 45001, 14001 and 9001 Management Systems
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience of HSEQ generalist skills
- Sound knowledge of HSEQ law, and relevant sector-specific HSEQ standards in relation to construction/building
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and with external bodies
- Will need to have the flexibility and mobility to be able to cover a large geographical area across Northern Ireland
- Previous experience in a similar role within telecommunications
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.