Health & Safety Officer / Manager
Fibrus Ltd is an exciting new telecommunications provider seeking to transform the digital infrastructure of rural and regional Northern Ireland by investing in excess of £100m to bring full fibre broadband to homes and businesses across Northern Ireland. We are now taking the exciting step of expanding our operations to the North of England.
Fibrus is owned by Infracapital, a leading infrastructure investor, who have a strong track-record in delivering, owning and managing investments in full fibre broadband projects.
The significant investment from Infracapital has allowed Fibrus to put in place a team that is simply second to none and we will only recruit the best. By that we mean people with exceptional commitment & ability. This role is for someone who is looking for an opportunity to develop their career in recruitment. You will be joining the team leading the future of Fibrus.
The H&S Manager will deliver effective and value-added strategies that meet both the operational needs of the business, and the Group’s governance and assurance requirements.
The H&S Manager will deliver an integrated service in all aspects of HS management, including supporting the development and delivery of strategic plans and objectives that support both operational requirements and the Group’s governance and assurance framework for health, safety, environmental and quality management.
- Provide input into the development and delivery of effective and proactive strategies for managing HS risks, and for improving HS performance.
- To support the development and delivery of internal/external HS training to operational teams (and other parties, where required) in line with agreed BU Fibrus HS competency programmes.
- Support operational managers and project teams on a broad range of HS issues, helping them to embed HS policy and process where appropriate.
- Provide technical advice to operational teams in the investigation and resolution of HS accidents and incidents.
- Input into the development of operational bids, supporting the bid teams to determine appropriate HS strategies and responses.
- Contribute to the wider strategic, operational, financial and commercial management within the Business unit
- Provide direction and support for project-based personnel, ensuring alignment with Fibrus HS requirements.
- In terms of compliance and assurance activities, the H& S Officer will be expected to:
- Support operational teams in implementing appropriate and robust assurance ‘systems’ across the Business unit, to ensure that they are relevant to operational needs and encourage a consistently high level of governance and performance.
- Support operational teams in measuring the effectiveness of HSEQ policy implementation through inspection/audit, the review of appropriate performance measures, and by contributing to the monthly HSEQ (and operational) reporting cycle.
- Provide intelligence to the business on existing / emerging HSEQ legal requirements and sector/client-specific ‘standards’.
- Qualification in a relevant subject related to construction health and safety management (e.g., NEBOSH Certificate) or equivalent qualifications/experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of HSEQ generalist skills
- Sound working knowledge of HSEQ law, and relevant sector-specific HSEQ standards in relation to construction/building
- Technical Skills & Ability in Generalist HSEQ
- Maintain effectiveness in a variety of roles and job tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and with external bodies. Has a high impact as a communicator – verbally, written and in meetings
- Adhere to company policy and procedures. Seeks approval from correct authority for changes. Strive for consistency.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work independently.
- Actively influence the events rather than passively accepting actions.
- Make clear presentation of the ideas and facts and convince others of this point of view. Also to gain agreement or acceptance of the plans.
- Set high work standards for one’s self and others within the function. This will include a drive and passion for improving standards across the company.
- Resilience – Maintain effectiveness in situations of disappointment or rejection.
- Demonstrates analytical, creative and proactive thinking
- Will need to have the flexibility and mobility to be able to cover a large geographical area
- Join the founding team of a company set to disrupt the face of the local telecoms industry
- Career development
- Generous salary and benefits
- Health Plan
Applicants must also possess a current driving licence and use of a car for business purposes or have access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to meet the requirements of the post in full.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. The nature of the organisation is such that it will evolve as it operates and the nature of duties, tasks, knowledge and skills required for this post may develop and change in time.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.