Head of Programme Delivery - PMO
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
We’re building something special at Fibrus, and our team is at the very heart of it.
We’re unashamedly selective in who we bring into our team – you’ll have exceptional ability, share our purpose and quite simply love what you do! And you’ll feel the same about your next employer. You’ll want to join a growing organisation, to help mould the business and to have a real voice in how things are done. You’ll want to grow and develop your career and you’re looking for a business which will encourage you to be, and do, your very best.
We can offer all of that, along with competitive base salaries, bonus/commission schemes and enhanced company benefits.
If this sounds like a good match, have a look at our current opportunities below.
We’re looking for a Senior Professional to take the lead on a critical role within the PMO, you’ll be Reporting to the Programme & Commercial Director, ensuring the day to day oversight and management of commercial and public sector programmes across the business.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As Head of Programme Delivery, you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the day to day delivery and oversight of commercial and public sector programme delivery
- Acting DOA to Programme and Commercial Director for all aspects of programme delivery across the business
- Demonstrable experience and capability to define high/medium complex undefined solutions which will deliver positive business impact.
- Work across projects and programmes to develop and manage project controls, risk and interdependencies across Fibrus business activities
- Detailed, day to day scrutiny of programme controls and real time actions to instigate improvement and mitigation initiatives
- Ability to manage high levels of ambiguity when dealing with emerging business strategy.
- Defining and agreeing client business objectives.
- Build client relationships at board level.
- Develop and produce reports that give meaningful insight into the performance of the programmes
- High competency in Presenting and writing reports.
- Extensive diverse team leadership e.g., PMO, Implementation managers, benefits managers, change managers, contract managers, etc.
- Ability to challenge ‘the norm’ and provide support to the development of change activities across all aspects of the project.
- Provide support to the Commercial & Programme Director as required.
- Deal with the escalation of contract disputes and ensure that Contract and Technical Teams follow all agreed control procedures.
- Prepare papers for Company Board Pack, present at Executive and Board Meetings, and be involved in discussing and influencing all aspects of the Fibrus network build programmes.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
You’ll be highly experienced in delivering complex programmes with a record of delivery in programme and project management. Your experience of translating business strategy into an integrated work break down structure from which a related portfolio of projects is created.
The ideal person will come from a commercial background with experience in infrastructure related projects. Experience in the telecoms industry would be advantageous, but not a necessity, with experience of project and programme management on large scale programmes. Must have or can develop a high degree of knowledge and information about the business and the programmes to be able to make informed decisions.
The individual will be accountable for all aspects of the programmes and will be responsible for ensuring that the wider PMO project managers team discharge risk responsibilities in line with agreed professional standards.
- 5+ years’ experience in project/programme management in a client facing project/programme.
- Good understanding of Fibre based network technologies and their deployment.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering robust reporting and evidence tracking for programme deliverables and costs.
- Proven ability to build and maintain long term stakeholder support, across all levels.
- Proven track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills including scope and schedule management.
- Risk and Issue Management experience.
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills; interacts comfortably with other people
- Effective negotiation skills.
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools.
- A sense for identifying and pursuing opportunities for improvement.
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the local digital infrastructure, starting in Northern Ireland, but we are very excited to be expanding our reach to the North of England as well!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.