Head of Planning
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
As you know we are building something special at Fibrus, and our team is at the very heart of it.
We’re so excited to be a growing organisation, and we love that our team are there to help mould the business and to have a real voice in how things are done.
We’re delighted you want to grow and develop your career with us! Have a look at our current opportunities below:
We are looking for a senior level manager who is results driven with a proven track record in network construction and planning. You will also have experience of delivering high value projects and leading and developing teams of fibre planners, wayleave officers and PIA teams to achieve stretching targets month on month.
This is your opportunity to lead the Fibrus Planning team and work in an environment that will provide a rewarding, challenging wide range of experience. You will be responsible for ensuring Fibrus have the ability to Plan and Design our network at scale both internally and through our Planning Partners across all our projects.
- To effectively manage the company’s Design, Planning, GIS, Wayleave and function to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled, quality standards are achieved, and delivery timescales are met.
- To lead the design and planning team ensuring each member has clear targets, objectives, and responsibilities, and that they have the support necessary to make them successful in their roles
- To effectively manage health, safety, environmental and quality, ensuring legal compliance and maintenance of company standard for all design and planning activities
- Working with other key stakeholders, you will take a lead role in developing a network deployment plan for the business, that ensures the strategic goals of the company are achieved
- Ensure there is a robust and scalable end to end process in place across the design and planning function to deliver on company network build targets
- Develop and manage an effective partnering culture with our outsource design and planning partners so that collaborative effort is applied across the projects, ensuring they have the necessary capability in place to deliver on the volume and quality targets required to meet our business objectives
- Implement and maintain a set of design rules and guidelines that through constant iteration and optimisation ensures the planning process delivers on our cost per home targets
- Ensure all designs are optimised to make use of Openreach’s PIA products
- Ensure all necessary reporting is in place to track progress and performance against agreed targets
- Ensure there is a robust process in place to maintain accurate network records, first as planned, and then as-built, in our digital systems.
- Work cross functionally across your peer group to ensure all build programmes have the necessary project plans and controls in place to effectively track project progress and critical path activities, ensuring that mitigation plans are in place to deal with risks and issues identified in your area of responsibility
- The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- Having prior involvement and experience in rolling out fibre networks at scale you’ll be an experienced senior manager and have demonstrated the ability to build and lead a team to achieve stretching output targets month on month.
- Be a decisive thinker and able to analyse information quickly and use it to make robust business decisions.
- You will have significant experience and applicable knowledge on FTTP and PON planning in underground and overhead delivery, and applicable knowledge of the GIS system and tools used in the design process
- Solid understanding of the network planning and construction process with demonstrable experience of utilising this knowledge to ensure design outputs are fit for purpose
- You will have significant experience of successfully managing the relationship with outsourced design and planning organisations to support the continued growth in Planning demand
- Excellent working knowledge in the use of Openreach’s PIA product and how it can be utilised in large scale network deployments
- An authentic leader with extensive construction and operational management experience within a target driven, customer facing environment
- Flexibility to step in and lead the projects on site when required
- Effective communicator with demonstrable experience of delivering results through others
- Demonstrable experience of building high performing teams
- Have good level commercial acumen
- Team player with a focus on delivering results
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Thinking and reflecting about the project
- Track record of achievement in any field
- Can demonstrate investment in your career development and progression
- Good level of natural intelligence with a common sense approach
- Adaptive communication style that can interacts comfortably with other people
- Tenacity – will keep going until the job is done
- Degree qualified in an engineering related discipline
- 5-7 years’ experience in telecommunications planning management
- Proven ability to lead design teams
- Knowledge of Local Authorities road-works codes of practic
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.