Head of Network Delivery
To apply please visit our careers site.
Fibrus is owned by Infracapital, a leading infrastructure investor, who have a strong track-record in delivering, owning, and managing investments in full fibre broadband projects.
The significant investment from Infracapital has allowed Fibrus to put in place a team that is simply second to none and we will only recruit the best. By that we mean people with exceptional commitment & ability. You will be joining the team leading the future of Fibrus.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Network Delivery with significant experience on Telecoms projects to oversee our network rollout.
Location: Northern Ireland
The Role/ Responsibilities
- Providing strong day to day leadership for a team of build managers and supervisors responsible for delivery of the Fibrus network build programme ensuring each member has clear targets, objectives, and responsibilities
- Strong day to day management of the construction activity across the projects you are responsible for to ensure that monthly, quarterly, annual build and budget targets are achieved
- Ensure the necessary process and controls are in place and being adhered to, so that all contract partner activities comply with company, legal and statutory requirements
- Ensuring there is a strong focus on Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality by all onsite and having a zero-tolerance approach on adherence to HSEQ requirements
- Ensure compliance with Openreach Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA) requirements.
- Ensure planning and build partners are aligned and working in a collaborative partnership approach to achieve efficient build progress towards monthly and quarterly objectives
- Ensure all projects have the necessary and correct resource allocated to deliver on the key objectives.
- Liaise with Finance Heads to ensure the necessary cost controls are in place and build costs are being managed within budget
- Developing a customer centric approach with our build partners to minimise disruption to the public during our build activity
- Deal with escalation and resolution of build related issues
- Manage key internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of the build.
- Continuously drive efficiency, review quality performance implementing necessary actions
- Providing weekly progress, budget resources and forecasting
- The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post.
- An authentic leader with extensive construction and operational experience management experience within a target driven, customer facing environment
- Strong track record at building, managing, and influencing stakeholders’ relationships.
- Highly analytical and structured approach with first class critical thinking. Able to translate complex data into business insights and drive action plans.
- Strong knowledge of the Openreach Fibre network delivery process, end to end systems and products.
- Significant experience in a similar role of managing the rollout of major infrastructure projects, ideally in a telecoms environment
- Experienced leader with proven track record in leading teams and delivering against project and business targets.
- Experienced leader with proven track record in leading teams and ability to deliver against operational targets.
- Confident leadership skills – including people management and engagement
- Experience working within a busy environment with shared responsibilities
- Good people skills and comfortable communicating across the company hierarchy
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction or building science.
- Have knowledge of the Physical Infrastructure (PIA) process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- PMP, MICE or Prince 2 accreditation
- Focused on delivering results
- Belief in the project
- Dedicated to the project
- Team player
- Track record of achievement
- Good level of natural intelligence
- Common sense approach
- Personality; interacts comfortably with other people
- Adaptive; positively responds to changes in deadlines and processes
- Tenacity; will keep going until the job is done
- Good Communication skills, comfortable communicating across all levels
- Confident; can assert yourself in a professional and amenable manner
- Join the team of a company set to disrupt the face of the local telecoms industry
- Career development
- Generous salary and benefits
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.