Head of Commercial & Product Development
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Head of Commercial & Product Development
JOB LOCATION: NI or GB
You will already have of a track record of developing high value products and propositions from inception through to go to market strategy for product launch. You’ll have a proven track record in delivering commercial operations and will have managed 3rd party relationships with carriers and equipment vendors. You will have developed, analysed and costed business cases for new opportunities. You will show leadership, tenacity and direction, that helped shaped your current or past organisation. We require a highly effective communicator who will be expected to liaise with senior leaders and/or at board level and take responsibility for the day to day product & proposition development for the business.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Responsible for the day to day delivery and oversight of product and proposition development within the company
- Management of Product Development resource on day to day basis
- Responsible for day to day commercial operations in relation to wholesale partners and new opportunities
- Responsible for managing RSP wholesale partner relationships via RSP Onboarding Manager roles
- Responsibility for benchmarking and analysis of current product competitiveness in the market
- Commercial responsibility and tracking of all products in relation to their performance against set targets within the business plan
- 3rd party vendor management in relation to product delivery on a day to day basis during specification, testing and go-live
- Development of propositions across, but not limited, to Broadband, Security, Wifi , VOIP and Content product areas
- Development of Product Go-To-Market plan to include target market and commercial targets to measure success
- Responsible for successful launch of new Products internally across all functions and into the external marketplace
- Demonstrable experience and capability to define high/medium complex undefined solutions which will deliver positive business impact
- Detailed, day to day scrutiny of product and propositions controls and real time actions to instigate improvement and mitigation initiatives
- Ability to manage high levels of ambiguity when dealing with emerging business strategy
- Defining and agreeing internal business objectives and product placement
- Build client relationships at board level
- Prepare papers for Company Board Pack, present at Executive and Board Meetings, and be involved in discussing and influencing all aspects of Fibrus products & propositions
- Develop and produce product reports that give meaningful insight into the performance of the product and propositions development
- High competency in presenting and writing reports
- Extensive and diverse team leadership experience e.g., Marketing, Sales, build, Operations
- Ability to challenge ‘the norm’ and provide support to the development of change activities across all aspects of the project
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
You’ll be a highly capable professional, experienced in delivering high value products & propositions with a record of successful delivery and experience of translating business strategy into an integrated work break down structure from which a related portfolio of products is created.
The ideal person will come from a commercial background with experience in developing successful products and propositions. Experience in the telecommunications industry would be advantageous, but not a necessity, with experience of product management on a large scale. Must have or can develop a high degree of knowledge and information about the business and the programmes to be able to make informed decisions. You will have the ability to build a team of high performing Product Managers, attracting and retaining the best talent for Fibrus.
The individual will be accountable for all aspects of the product development and roadmap and will be responsible for ensuring that the wider team discharge build and product development responsibilities in line with agreed professional standards.
- Significant experience at Head of Product Management & Commercial Operations or equivalent level
- Good understanding of Fibre based network technologies and their deployment
- Proven track record of developing and delivering robust reporting and evidence tracking for products and propositions
- Proven track record in developing commercial solutions with associated tracking and evidence based criteria
- Proven ability to build and maintain long term stakeholder support, across all levels
- Proven track record of delivering products to time, cost and quality
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills including scope and schedule management
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills; able to interact comfortably with other people
- Effective negotiation skills
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools
- A sense for identifying and pursuing opportunities for improvement
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the local digital infrastructure, starting in Northern Ireland, but we are very excited to be expanding our reach to the North of England as well!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.