To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure.
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across Northern Ireland and the north of England, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
As a Financial Modeller within the Strategic Planning team, you will build and maintain financial models, prepare financial reports, and evaluate new projects. You will report to the Director of Strategic Planning and collaborate with all areas of the business and with our investor. You will create budgets and forecasts and produce strategic financial analysis that will inform decisions, visualise trends, and monitor status.
Responsible for the following areas and activities:
- Develop and maintain the corporate finance models to support the organisation’s strategic goals and support the investor funding requirements.
- Build the financial models to support our bids for the Government (BDUK) gigabit procurements.
- Collate, process and interpret data from our build programmes for financial performance and key performance indicator (KPI) trend analysis.
- Financial modelling including discounted cashflows, IRRs, NPV.
- Performing sensitivity analysis, scenario planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Analysing operational variance and the impact of variance on the key financial outputs to assist in strategic initiatives and critical decisions.
- Implementing dashboard reports.
- Support management team and the Heads of Department with data-driven analysis.
- Continuous improvement of financial modelling processes, automation and developing best practice.
We are looking for somebody who has a real passion for maintaining and analysing data with a methodical and creative approach. The perfect person will be extremely proficient with complex Excel models and spreadsheet manipulation. Experience in the telecoms or other infrastructure industry would be advantageous but not a necessity, as would experience of working with public sector clients and investors.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience within a similar role.
- Comfortable building complex models from scratch as well as taking ownership of existing models.
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills are essential.
- Experience in producing clear and concise strategic and/or tactical dashboards for senior management is desirable.
- Organised with good document management capabilities.
- Experience in change control and change management.
- Strong sense of values, ethics, and confidentiality, for dealing with sensitive information.
- Independent/self-starter, proactive and hard working.
- Interacts and collaborates comfortably with other people.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.