Fibre Planning Manager
To apply for this role please visit our careers website
JOB TITLE: FIBRE PLANNING MANAGER
JOB LOCATION: Belfast
The Fibre Planning Manager will be responsible for delivering fibre plans, managing the teams and processes to achieve delivery.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
The Fibre Planning Manager will be responsible for delivering fibre plans, managing the teams and processes to achieve timely delivery.
- Manage in house and/or 3rd party team delivering Fibre plans
- Produce project plans and resource requirement forecasts
- Set guidelines and ensure that designs meet engineering guidelines
- Provide GIS system oversight
- Design and maintain accurate systems
- Produce and/or approve technical documentation
- Manage the wayleave process
- Provide support to our build team and contractors throughout the life of the build
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- A graduate in Electronic Engineering, Data Communications, or a related field
- Effective communicator with your team, the client and management
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Capable of using GIS systems such as: ESRI Programmes (ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online), QGIS, AutoCAD, Google Earth, etc
- Civils, Cabling and Network Activation experience
- Good technical knowledge of fibre networks
- A qualified project manager in Prince 2 or PMP or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in telecommunications planning management
- Proven ability to lead design teams
- Knowledge of Local Authorities road-works codes of practice
- University degree or equivalent qualification in Geographic Information Systems
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.