To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
We’re building something special at Fibrus, and our team is at the very heart of it.
We’re unashamedly selective in who we bring into our team – you’ll have exceptional ability, share our purpose, and quite simply love what you do! And you’ll feel the same about your next employer. You’ll want to join a growing organisation, to help mould the business and to have a real voice in how things are done. You’ll want to grow and develop your career and you’re looking for a business which will encourage you to be, and do, your very best.
We can offer all of that, along with competitive base salaries, bonus/commission schemes and enhanced company benefits.
We're looking for an experienced Fibre Planner with previous Fibre Planning and Fibre Design experience. Our Planning teams are responsible for design activities associated with Fibrus FTTP/Commercial and rural network design and this role is key to our organisation.
If successful, you will be focussing on producing technical designs, authorising change control from existing plans and updating them as necessary which will contain enough detailed and validated information about a build area to give increased confidence in build and cost accuracy. You will be co-ordinating with our build team and our planning partners to
The role is a mix of office-based desktop design using GIS tools (ESRI) and in the field surveying work, walking routes and completing concept designs before turning these into technical network design packs. We are therefore keen to speak to those with an understanding of fibre and civils in FTTP builds, such as trench lines, prime cabinet locations and placements and the challenges faced with overcoming Special Engineering Difficulties (SEDs).
- A good appreciation or experience of Fibre Surveying and associated splicing and network understanding practicalities would be preferable however we will also consider those that have FTTH / FTTP related experience with a sound IT background.
- Knowledge of splitters and single mode fibre deployment.
- Integrate within the various departments within the business so that they will understand the processes involved from HLD/LLD/Construction Phase/Commissioning/Sales hand over/Customer Service Provision to drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness with every design and build.
- Production of reactive desktop designs and feasibilities to leverage new opportunities
- If necessary, produce construction & cabling work packages for internal and/or external teams
- Ensure that all works comply with guidelines and relevant codes of practice.
- Work with the Project Manager to deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders, internal, external, local authorities to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the infrastructure and react to any changes necessary
- Design and maintain accurate systems to support the planning process
- Demonstrable FTTP planning experience and current knowledge of associated passive network elements and optical budget limitations
- Telecoms background coupled with extensive planning experience
- Solid understanding of PON type architectures
- Proven ability to design and create fit for purpose and cost-effective fibre optic networks to include topology layout, fibre splice plans, cable duct and routing
- Proven ability to complete a ‘concept’ (aspirational) design for walking the route/ joint survey with contractors
- Proven ability to complete a ‘technical’ (factual) design and pack for issuing for build
- Ability to interpret and translate a set of architectural guidelines into a set of design rules for our design partner
- Proven ability to carry out joint validation surveys with contractors to establish the most effective trench/fibre routes and chambers locations (based on cost, practicality and H&S etc)
- Detailed understanding of UK/NI local and national authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works
- Detailed understanding and working experience of Wayleaves
- Good knowledge of Streetwork regulations
- Demonstrable experience in use of a range of GIS software e.g. QGIS
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.