Construction Operations Director, GB
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
We’re building something special at Fibrus, and our team is at the very heart of it.
We’re unashamedly selective in who we bring into our team – you’ll have exceptional ability, share our purpose and quite simply love what you do! And you’ll feel the same about your next employer. You’ll want to join a growing organisation, to help mould the business and to have a real voice in how things are done. You’ll want to grow and develop your career and you’re looking for a business which will encourage you to be, and do, your very best.
We can offer all of that, along with competitive base salaries, bonus/commission schemes and enhanced company benefits.
We are looking for an experienced Construction Operations Director with significant experience in rolling out major infrastructure projects in a telecoms environment. As our senior representative in this region, you will lead our construction function while overseeing our entire GB operation.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As Construction Operations Director you will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the business operations across Fibrus’ GB region.
- Leading our Construction function to ensure best practices are followed, costs are controlled, quality standards are achieved, and delivery timescales are met.
- Leading our health, safety, environmental and quality efforts, ensuring legal compliance and maintenance of company standards for all construction projects.
- Leading the construction team ensuring each member has clear targets, objectives, and responsibilities, progressively monitoring their individual performance against the agreed criteria and conducting formal appraisals in keeping with time frames.
- In conjunction with executive management, develop and execute a build programme that supports achievement of the company’s medium to long term business performance objectives.
- Develop and manage an effective partnering culture with our sub-contractors to ensure collaborative effort is applied across the projects.
- Liaise with Finance and Legal heads on the appointment of suitable sub-contractor partners, ensuring these relationships comply with company contract policies and guidelines.
- Liaise with Finance Heads to ensure the necessary cost controls are in place and build costs are being managed within budget.
- Deal with the escalation of contract disputes and ensure that Contract and Technical Teams follow all agreed control procedures.
- Prepare papers for Company Board Pack, present at Executive and Board Meetings, and be involved in discussing and influencing all aspects of the Fibrus GB programme.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
You’ll be an authentic leader with extensive construction and operational experience management experience within a target driven, customer facing environment.
You’ll have extensive experience of managing the rollout of major infrastructure projects in a telecoms environment, coupled with significant commercial and contract experience in relation to managing a large sub-contract workforce
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the local digital infrastructure, starting in Northern Ireland, but we are very excited to be expanding our reach to the North of England as well!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.