To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
Fibrus Ltd is an exciting new telecommunications provider seeking to transform the digital infrastructure of rural and regional Northern Ireland by investing in excess of £100m to bring full fibre broadband to homes and businesses across Northern Ireland.
With significant investment from Infracapital, Fibrus have put in place a team that is simply second to none and we will only recruit the best. By that we mean people with exceptional commitment & ability, and if you have experience in key areas, that’s great too.
Fibrus have been selected to deliver the NI Department for the Economy Project Stratum programme which provides public funding of £165m and will deliver Full Fibre Hyperfast Broadband to communities across NI over the next 4 years.
The Build Manager will be responsible for ensuring their teams achieve the monthly build targets for their geographic area of responsibility, and producing a high-quality Network build, built to specification whilst keeping disruption to a minimum for residents.
The Role / Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for the Build Manager:
- Successful delivery of operational requirements and KPIs
- Delivering productivity without compromising on safety and quality.
- Continuously drive efficiency, review quality performance implementing necessary actions
- Ensure all work sites are to Chapter 8 requirements.
- Supervision of contractor activity to ensure works are completed to b4b/Fibrus specifications and NIRAUC requirements.
- Manage NISRAN CAT A/B/C defects and non-compliance.
- Fully understand and implement the company safety policy and procedures
- Ensure that works are successfully delivered in a safe, Quality and on time manner
- Drive compliance and any other regulatory measures that may apply
- Ensure compliance with Openreach Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA) requirements.
- Minimisation of customer disruption during build activity.
- Site management of fibre to the home-works.
- Co-Ordination and co-operation with the programme team to ensure works are programmed to the level of detail necessary to enable successful delivery without delays.
- Recording daily works completed and completing reports as required.
- Providing weekly progress, budget resources and forecasting
- Providing forecasts to store/warehouse to enable correct stock replenishment
- Completing final snag and joint measure for invoicing.
- Checking build plans and seeking for re-plans to reduce costs.
- Working closely with our Build partners to form a working partnership on site.
- Collaboration and managing client relationships internal and external
The ideal person will come from a telecommunications background supervising network build civils works and reflect the following attributes:
- Focused on delivering results
- Belief in the project
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Dedicated to the project
- Team player
- Track record of achievement in any field
- Can demonstrate investment in your career development and progression
- Good level of natural intelligence
- Common sense approach
- Personality; interacts comfortably with other people
- Adaptive; positively responds to changes in deadlines and processes
- Tenacity; will keep going until the job is done
- Good Communication skills, comfortable communicating across all levels
- Confident; can assert yourself in a professional and amenable manner
- Experienced Operational leader with proven track record in leading teams and ability to deliver against operational targets.
- NRSWA Qualified - Monitor
- Experirence of utility (street works) operations.
- Knowledge of fibre cabling and splicing works.
- Can demonstrate the ability to learn technical knowledge relating to products and services
- Experience working within a busy environment with shared responsibilities
- Good people skills and comfortable communicating across the company hierarchy
- Willing to travel anywhere in Northern Ireland as the build progresses.
- Clean driving licence
- Have knowledge of the Physical Infrastructure (PIA) process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- CAD/GIS experience.
- Join the founding team of a company set to disrupt the face of the local telecoms industry
- Career development
- Generous salary and benefits
- Additional benefits as the company grows
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.