Area Build Manager
Fibrus is the exciting new company bringing full fibre broadband to the homes and businesses of Northern Ireland. We are the most exciting telecommunications operator in Northern Ireland today and are now extending our operations to the North of England. With world class backing and management, Fibrus is building a world class team and will only recruit the best. By that we mean people with exceptional commitment & ability, and if you have experience in key areas, that’s great too.
This role is for someone who is looking to make a real investment in their career. You will be joining the team laying out the future of Fibrus and the structure of this team and their responsibilities will change as the company grows. This role demands a tenacity and commitment to deliver as well as possibly undertake elements outside your role. But you will be rewarded with encouragement and support to learn and progress in areas where you otherwise may not be afforded the chance to.
The Area Build Manager will be responsible for ensuring their teams achieve the monthly build targets for their geographic area of responsibility, and producing a high-quality Network build, built to specification whilst keeping disruption to a minimum for residents.
The Role / Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for the Area Build Manager:
- Providing strong day to day leadership for a team of build supervisors responsible for delivery of the Fibrus network build programme
- Ensuring monthly build and budget targets are achieved for geographic area for responsibility.
- Strong day to day management of the construction activity in geographic area of responsibility
- Supervision of contract partner activities to ensure works are completed to Fibrus specifications and NIRAUC requirements.
- Ensure all work sites are to Chapter 8 requirements.
- To ensure planning and build partners are aligned to achieve efficient build progress towards monthly and quarterly objectives
- Working closely with our build and planning partners to form a strong working partnership on site.
- First line of escalation and resolution of build related issues
- Ensure compliance with Openreach Physical Infrastructure Access (PIA) requirements.
- Developing a customer centric approach with our build partners to minimise disruption to the public during our build activity
- Ensuring there is a strong focus on Health and Safety by all onsite and having a zero-tolerance approach on adherence to H&S requirements
- Recording daily works completed and completing reports as required.
- Completing final snag and joint measure for invoicing.
- Checking plans and seeking for re-plans to reduce costs.
The perfect person will come from a telecommunications civils background supervising network build and reflect the following attributes:
- Focused on delivering results
- Belief in the project
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Thinking and reflecting about the project
- Team player
- Track record of achievement in any field
- Can demonstrate investment in your career development and progression
- Good level of natural intelligence
- Common sense approach
- Personality; interacts comfortably with other people
- Adaptive; positively responds to changes in deadlines and processes
- Tenacity; will keep going until the job is done
- Good Communication skills, comfortable communicating across all levels
- Confident; can assert yourself in a professional and amenable manner
- Five years experience of supervising telecoms build projects.
- NRSWA accredited (supervisors course)
- Thorough knowledge of the NIRAUC Specification for the reinstatement of openings in roads.
- Thorough knowledge of Chapter 8 Traffic Signs Manual.
- Can demonstrate the ability to learn technical knowledge relating to products and services
- Experience working within a busy environment with shared responsibilities
- Good people skills and comfortable communicating across the company hierarchy
- Willing to travel anywhere in Northern Ireland as the build progresses.
- Clean driving licence
- Knowledge of fibre cabling and splicing works.
- Have knowledge of the Physical Infrastructure (PIA) process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- CAD/GIS experience.
- Join the founding team of a company set to disrupt the face of the local telecoms industry
- Career development
- Generous salary and benefits
- Additional benefits as the company grow
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.