Active Networks Principal
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Active Networks Principal
JOB LOCATION: Belfast or GB
You will already have experience of delivering complex broadband networks and taking the lead in a similarly critical role within an organisation. You’ll have a proven record that shows your leadership, tenacity and direction, that helped shaped your current or past organisation. We require a highly effective communicator who will be expected to liaise with senior leaders and/or board level and who will lead the Active network Strategy and Architecture roadmap for the company.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As Active Networks Principal, you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for the day to day delivery and oversight of the Active Network Strategy across the business - this will include All Core, Aggregation and Access solutions from customer home ONT/Router to Internet breakout in the core
- Line management and workload management of Head of/Architects in the department on a day to day basis to ensure delivery of departmental KPI’s in line with business plan
- Management of all client liaison both internal and external on a day to day basis during planning and delivery of active network strategy
- Develop initiatives to improve Active network performance and costs which will contribute to overall business case objectives
- Demonstrable experience and capability to define high/medium/complex undefined solutions which will deliver positive business impact across the active network deployment
- Responsible person for liaison between departments when specifying solutions and providing handover to build
- Responsibility for active network product development and sign off at business case level
- Responsible for capacity management and active network specification to meet the business needs
- Ability to manage high levels of ambiguity when dealing with emerging business strategy
- Defining and agreeing client business objectives and measures
- Build client relationships at board level
- Develop and produce reports that give meaningful insight into the performance of the Department against business plan
- Report weekly and monthly to the Programme and Commercial Director and SMT on work initiatives and roadmap for department
- High competency in presenting and writing reports
- Extensive diverse team leadership e.g., PMO, Implementation managers, benefits managers, change managers, contract managers, etc.
- Ability to challenge ‘the norm’ and provide support to the development of change activities across all aspects of the active network
- Provide support to the Programme and Commercial Director as required
- Deal with the escalation of contract disputes and ensure that Contract and Technical Teams follow all agreed control procedures for active network vendors and suppliers
- Prepare papers for Company Board Pack, present at Executive and Board Meetings, and be involved in discussing and influencing all aspects of the Fibrus network build programmes
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
You’ll be a highly experienced director level professional, capable of delivering complex programmes with a record of successful delivery in programme and project management. You’ll demonstrate experience of translating business strategy into an integrated work breakdown structure from which a related portfolio of projects is created.
The ideal person will come from a commercial background with experience in infrastructure related projects. Experience in the telecoms industry would be advantageous, but not a necessity, however experience of director level project and programme management on large scale programmes is essential. You must demonstrate, or be able to develop, a high degree of knowledge and information about the business and the programmes to be able to make informed decisions.
The individual will be accountable for all aspects of the programmes and will be responsible for ensuring that the wider PMO project managers team discharge risk responsibilities in line with agreed professional standards.
- 5+ years’ experience at Director level within a broadband network strategy role
- Excellent understanding of Fibre based broadband network technologies and their deployment
- Proven track record of developing and delivering network strategy and evidence tracking for deliverables and costs
- Proven ability to build and maintain long term stakeholder support, across all levels
- Proven track record of delivering network projects to time, cost and quality
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills including scope and schedule management
- Risk and Issue Management experience
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills; interacts comfortably with other people
- Effective negotiation skills
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools
- A sense for identifying and pursuing opportunities for improvement
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the local digital infrastructure, starting in Northern Ireland, but we are very excited to be expanding our reach to the North of England as well!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.