Accounts Payable Manager
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Manager
JOB LOCATION: Belfast
This role is key within our finance team, requiring a strong financial/accounts payable background to ensure the accounts payable team deliver accuracy in the timely processing and payment of invoices and the associated reconciliation and reporting. The role also involves the management of the accounts receivable function.
The post holder will work closely with other sections in finance and departments across the business to provide financial advice, guidance and analysis to internal and external stakeholders as required.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth, and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of accounts payable function with direct line
management of accounts payable analysts. Oversee training and evaluation of the accounts payable staff.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of accounts receivable function.
- Overseeing routine department activities to ensure completion is accurate and on time.
- Setting and facilitating the achievement of department objectives.
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures in adherence to company policies while functioning with accuracy and timeliness.
- Building and maintaining relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
- Oversee all supplier and general payments for the company.
- To provide technical accounting advice on financial transactions and ensure accurate coding within the department and business.
- To be responsible for month end processes, ensuring that monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet control and bank accounts is conducted in compliance with internal control policy, taking the lead in the reconciliation of the payments bank account and other relevant control accounts, posting errors, and completing activity to agreed deadlines.
- Weekly team reporting on KPIs such as invoice status and actions.
- Compiling, analysing, and reporting financial information to management.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field.
- Accounting Technician Level 2 or higher (MIATI or similar) / part qualified Accountant
- 3+ years working within an accounts payable department / finance department.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and management principles and accounts payable procedures.
- Experience within leadership roles.
- Ability to analyse information and processes.
- Ability to adapt to new systems and understanding of the world of supplier invoicing
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and ERP/financial systems.
- Structured and organised with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Fully Qualified Accounting Technician (MIATI or similar) / Fully Qualified Accountant
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.