To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Streetworks Manager
JOB LOCATION: Cumbria
TERMS: UK right to work required (no sponsorship available)
We are looking to recruit an experienced Streetworks Manager who will act as the main point of contact for Contractors and Sub-Contractors, who are installing ducts and cables across the country in support of our investment into building full-fibre networks across the UK. Your role will include taking responsibility for building a structured plan that creates and maintains effective working relationships with Local Highways Authorities across the UK; to facilitate our fibre roll-out ambitions and ensuring our performance is measured and high standards are maintained at all times.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Managing our contractors and sub-contractors who are installing and reinstating to Fibrus specifications and ensuring feedback is provided in a timely manner into our Regional Delivery Teams for action
- Protecting the reputation and integrity of Fibrus Networks Ltd by ensuring contractors working on our behalf are submitting and closing permits in-line with local requirements
- Dealing promptly and effectively with any escalations brought to your attention surrounding Streetworks or quality
- Building and maintaining relationships with Local Authorities where Fibrus Networks Ltd either currently has, or is planning to have a presence in their area to mitigate risk
- Having the ability to understand who the key stakeholders in each of our town local authorities are and proactively building and maintaining those relationships and working collaboratively with other departments in Fibrus Networks Ltd
- Work with the Regional Delivery Teams to ensure we are proactively liaising with external and Internal stakeholders prior to works starting in a town
- Ensure that data, reports and presentations are compiled to effectively monitor performance and improvements
- Responsible for gathering and collating evidence in relation to any challenges received from local authorities in relation to NRSWA and assist in the timely submission of such evidence to the required authority.
- The ability to successfully challenge Defects, S74 & FPN’s where applicable in order to mitigate costs
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Experience in a similar role
- Expertise in NRSWA and understanding of applying the regulations
- Experience of stakeholder management and engagement
- Experience with Street Manager and Section 50’s
- Experience of line management and driving performance in a team
- Knowledge of HSG 47
- Operational and industry experience within Telecoms ideally but will consider candidates from a Civil Engineering background
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Fibrus are committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. All offers of employment with Fibrus will be subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks which may include all or some of the following: references, right to work, criminal record history, professional qualifications. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.