Senior Network Engineer
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Senior Network Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Belfast (Dargan Crescent)
REQUIREMENTS: Desk based role (hybrid mix of home/office); some on-call evening/weekend work
This role will see you working with a team of experienced network engineers delivering key core network nodes across the UK. You will be key to maintaining and troubleshooting to ensuring our network is the best in class, working to roll out one of the most exciting projects in the telecoms industry to date.
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare.
We encourage a supportive and inclusive environment, where everyone feels welcome, and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will be involved in the end to end design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the core broadband network – working closely with your team to configure, manage and trouble-shoot network related issues. This role will involve participation in the on-call support/escalation rota.
- Cabinet equipment planning and deployment
- Core network equipment maintenance and development
- Fault finding across MPLS Network
- Owning Issues from incident to RCA
- Layer2 support
- Provide the lead role in Operational Network Security, including access control, network abuse and network audit management, as well as operational intrusion detection and resolution
- Provide technical leadership to Engineering and Operations teams with regards to IP/MPLS infrastructure
- Proactively perform corrective maintenance for IP/MPLS network
- Develop automation and other internal systems and tools to assist in the care and feeding of the IP/MPLS network and integration activities
- On-call responsibilities evenings and weekends (circa one in five) with on-call paid allowances
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Knowledge of Juniper and Cisco routers (MX, SRX, AC)
- A solid understanding of broadband routing protocols (IPv6, MPLS etc)
- Knowledge of multi-layered network based security is preferred
- A networking accreditation such as CCNP or JNCIP (or equivalent) is desirable
- GPON knowledge would be beneficial
- A customer-centric approach, taking pride in achieving the best mutual outcome for the customer and Fibrus
- Previous experience in large network roll-outs is ideal
- Previous work experience within a regulated and audited environment
- Strong analytical skills
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting new telecommunications provider, founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company.
You would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland!
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country, bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please click the “apply” button and our People & Culture team will be in contact with you if your application is successful. We wish you the best of luck with your application and thank you for your interest in #Fibrus.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. All offers of employment with Fibrus will be subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks which may include all or some of the following: references, right to work, criminal record history, professional qualifications. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.