Sales Support Admin
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Sales Support Admin
JOB LOCATION: Belfast
TERMS: Permanent, UK right to work required (no sponsorship available)
This is an exciting opportunity to support our customers on their onboarding journey with Fibrus. You will have an eye for detail and be a team player. You’ll work closely with customers, partners and Fibrus support to ensure customer experience and processes are met.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Responding to emails, texts, and phone calls from customers.
- Dealing with support requests from customers quickly, efficiently, and professionally within our SLA's
- Ongoing management of sales data
- Work closely with Partners & Fibrus Support to ensure smooth operation of automated system
- Customer follow up calls, to check on order.
- Manage all funding applications via DCMS and liaise with customers & public organisations to ensure processes are met.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure customer orders are fulfilled
- Provides any necessary data or reports to the sales team & sales management
- Dealing with or escalating 1st line support requests from customers, customer complaints quickly, efficiently, and professionally within our SLA's
- Assist the Sales Admin Team Lead, within an admin capacity, with any training or new processes.
- Any necessary administrative work including filing reports or presenting sales team with necessary documents.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Focused on delivering results
- Adaptive; positively responds to changes in deadlines and processes
- Good Communication skills, comfortable communicating across all levels
- Confident; can assert yourself in a professional and amenable manner
- Organisational skills and the ability at any stage to manage changing priorities within tight deadlines while ensuring quality output and delivery of results
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Team player
- Can demonstrate investment in career development
Fibrus is committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. All offers of employment with Fibrus will be subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks which may include all or some of the following: references, right to work, criminal record history, professional qualifications. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.