To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Product Developer
JOB LOCATION: Belfast
TERMS: Permanent (mix of home and office-based)
A new role within our team, this opportunity focuses on developing new products to complement our broadband offering, managing the conversations to identify the right products that will benefit our customers, analysing data and using that information to support the roll-out of any new products.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Working as a support to the Product Manager to lead and manage cross-functional teams to develop new products, propositions and product enhancements
- Proactively work with marketing and sales to understand market requirements and user needs
- Work with Finance to build product business cases to demonstrate value and strategic alignment, being able to work with financial data
- Develop operational processes and system alignment for new product development
- Work with Go to Market and Marketing Managers to facilitate successful new product launches
- Continuous Product research, competitor analysis, changes to regulatory requirements
- Regular internal liaison and discussion as products are developed, interacting at all levels of the business
- Gather data and analyse/apply this in a commercially focused manner, keeping the customer (end user) experience at the forefront at all times
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Relevant experience within a commercial working environment to encompass experience of managing internal relationships, external and internal stakeholders and project work
- Telecommunications industry knowledge is preferable but not essential – individuals from a utilities background or similar are also welcomed
- Experience within a product, project or business analysis team is preferable but not essential
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience undertaking or being involved in process development or process enhancement
- Experience in collaborating with IT or technical colleagues to define technology requirements based on end user needs
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication, influencing and collaboration skills coupled with a strong competency in the use of MS Office
Fibrus are committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. Please note, you will be asked to provide your Right to Work. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.