Head of Wholesale Management
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Head of Wholesale Management
JOB LOCATION: Can be based anywhere in the UK
TERMS: UK right to work required (no sponsorship available); hybrid working available
The Head of Wholesale Service Management will have overall responsibility for managing the wholesale relationships with our new Retail Service Providers (RSPs). These RSP’s will use the Fibrus open access network across NI to deliver services to their own customer base.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Overall management responsibility for ensuring the delivery of the initial customer contracting process, from initial contract documentation preparation through to contract signature
- Overall management responsibility of new customer setup across all Fibrus systems to enable Ordering, Change, Support and Billing of services
- Oversight of the provision of a network interconnect point (NNI) with the RSP to enable handoff of ordered services
- Act as the liaison into the technical and product areas of the business to ensure wholesale product needs are met and developed in line with the market requirement
- Oversight and communication of new premise release information via the RSP On-boarding Manager
- Act as a point of contact for escalation in relation to day to day management of customer related issues pertaining to Order Fulfilment, Change Management, Incident Management and Billing
- Overall responsibility for wholesale internal stakeholder management to ensure timely management of customer related fulfilment, support and billing tasks against set service level criteria
- Provide overall external stakeholder management for customer related queries against set service level criteria
- Provide SMT level reporting against contractual and internal SLA’s
- Report and produce reports from KPIs that give meaningful insight into the performance of RSP On-boarding and in-life service management, establishing an appropriate set of norms over time
- Overall ownership of wholesale and RSP process documents, keeping these up to date with changes/updates and ensuring these are managed and communicated throughout the organisation
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Excellent internal and external communication skills, ensuring a ‘customer first’ attitude is maintained
- Decisive, ‘can do’ attitude whilst maintaining a clear focus on customer problem solving and seeing action through to delivery
- Comfortable working on new initiatives in a developing, growing and dynamic organisation – this opportunity is ideal for someone keen to make their mark in this new role within our organisation
- Significant experience in Wholesale account management is desirable however individuals with business to business and commercial experience and with exposure to public sector projects are also encouraged to apply
- Data analysis and experience of developing customer reporting
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of self build /self fund solutions for customers and processing of associated requests from RSP’s
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables and complex formulae; graphs, production of high quality, highly visual management information and reports
- Knowledge of ERP Systems & Document Management Systems (desirable)
- Experience of working across multiple teams in the delivery of a new services
- Ability to review processes and procedures coupled with the production and maintenance of associated documentation with a view to implementing change and improvement where needed
Fibrus are committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. All offers of employment with Fibrus will be subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks which may include all or some of the following: references, right to work, criminal record history, professional qualifications. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.