Head of NOC & Field Engineering
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Head of NOC and Field Engineering
JOB LOCATION: Belfast
TERMS: Permanent, office based with some home working. UK right to work required (no sponsorship available)
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting telecommunications provider with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company within the UK. Founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital, Fibrus continue to deliver full fibre broadband to more and more homes and businesses across parts of Northern Ireland and Great Britain.
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country and we are committed to bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
The role holder will be responsible for leading the Network Operations Centre team in monitoring and responding to issues on our Network, ensuring that the Network is operational at all times. Based in Belfast the role holder will ensure our Network is performing within our expectation, identify and highlight key customer issues, investigate them and ensure that plans are in place to address the issues arising.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- At Fibrus we go the “extra mile” for our customers, we want to constantly ensure the customers get the service they have ordered. You will ensure that mantra is upheld in everything we do for our customer and network
- Responsible for both the strategic and tactical operation, you will lead of a team of office-based NOC technicians as well as a field-based workforce that undertakes surveillance activity on a 24/7, 365 basis, responding rapidly and effectively to Network alarms and ensuring maximum continuity of service and minimal downtime
- Drive resolution of equations with multi vendors and suppliers.
- Subject matter expert for all escalations, incidents, and problems within the customer operational environment
- Deliver relevant management information, reporting and analysing performance and causal issues and working within set KPIs and SLAs
- Managing all network faults, diagnostics, updates and repair for all equipment, providing support and guidance to the team in both provision and repair scenarios and liaising with customers and engineers as to solutions
- Identify, develop, and champion process improvements that drive continuous improvement and innovative solutions that will help monitor network and improve customer experience
- Ensuring effective communication to customers both in terms of incidents, outages and maintenance
- Following escalation paths to successful resolution in line with the organisations best practice guidelines
- Produce strategic plans and road maps for the support of the platform
- Provide the lead role in Operational Network Security, including access control, network abuse and network audit management, as well as operational intrusion detection and resolution
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Significant experience working in an IP Network Operational Management role
- Hands on experience of Major Incident, Problem Management and Change Enablement
- Previous work experience within a regulated and audited environment
- Experience of DR, BCP, ITIL procedures in an enterprise environment
- Good understanding of IP networks
- Understanding of Passive optical networks.
- Solid people management and leadership experience
- Competent in jeopardy management, able to deliver all targets in line with SLAs and KPIs
- Strong communication skills, able to represent the business both internally and externally in a commercially aware and professional manner
Fibrus are committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their absolute best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth, and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.