Head of Billing & Debt Recovery
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Head of Billing & Debt Recovery
JOB LOCATION: Belfast (office based with some home working)
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting telecommunications provider with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company within the UK. Founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital, Fibrus continue to deliver full fibre broadband to more and more homes and businesses across parts of Northern Ireland and Great Britain.
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country and we are committed to bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
A new role in our business, you will lead the Billing & Debt Recovery function to ensure that a high quality, business focused, efficient and cost-effective bespoke service is delivered which maximises amounts billed and recovered, while providing an excellent service.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Responsible for both the strategic and tactical operation of the group in line with policies and procedures including: invoice creation and delivery, ensuring SLAs are met, maintaining accuracy across the entire process, and ensuring collection of amounts due
- Lead a world class Billing & Revenue Operations team, responsible for a wide variety of activities within the order to cash process
- Drive the implementation, adoption and continuous improvement of the new order to contract process
- Build and maintain key cross-functional relationships that support the company in achieving annual goals and continuous improvement
- Provide visibility, governance and timely reporting of Billing KPIs for Senior Management
- Support, retain, expand and maintain the customer base
- Liaise directly with customers and colleagues in departments to maximise billing and collections performance whilst also ensuring excellent customer outcomes
- Provide technical and strategic advice about billing and debt collection services and procedures, both externally and internally
- Maintain high standards of financial management and record keeping, remaining vigilant for changes in FCA regulations and legislation in relation to billing, debt recovery and customer communication requirements
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Proven ability to manage and develop a billing and collections function, able to demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge and a background in billing and collections which ensures we fully understand our customer requirements and how best to manage our customer base
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and suitably proficient in other Microsoft packages
- Judgement to balance debt recovery and compliance risks to achieve positive outcomes
- Ability to maintain the highest professional standards
- Ability to build supportive relationships with everyone across Fibrus
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with an ability to influence at all levels and develop members of the team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise workload effectively, delegate to other team members and occasionally meet tight deadlines
Fibrus are committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.