Graduate Fibre Planner (GB)
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Graduate Fibre Planner GB
JOB LOCATION: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Suited to a recent graduate from a GIS or related engineering field, this is an amazing opportunity to join a growing organisation and to work alongside a hugely talented planning team.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Working on new and existing design projects as Fibrus rolls out its Fibre to the Home (FTTH) network across Great Britain
- Working with the Planning Manager and wider planning team, you will have responsibility for ensuring our design partners produce fibre designs that are compliant with our agreed network architecture guidelines and contain the necessary detailed information to ensure build and cost accuracy
- Responsibility to ensure each area design yields the maximum number of premises passed possible within the cost guidelines for the project
- Working on technologies such as ArcGIS
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- The ideal person may be a recent university graduate or trade school graduate who has experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Engineering (electrical, telecoms, architectural, mechanical, software, etc), or any other computer or IT based studies
- Telecoms experience is not a prerequisite as training will be provided by Fibrus
- You will contribute to our culture of curiosity, commitment and collaboration, demonstrating your ability to become an integral part of our planning team
- Demonstrable experience in use of a range of GIS software e.g. ESRI products, QGIS, etc.
- AutoCAD experience is also welcomed
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, Excel, Teams, etc
- Full driving licence highly preferable but not essential
Fibrus are committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. All offers of employment with Fibrus will be subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks which may include all or some of the following: references, right to work, criminal record history, professional qualifications. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.