Field Sales Representative
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Field Sales Representative
JOB LOCATION: NI wide/regional; working within Monday to Saturday (rota basis)
TERMS: Permanent, field based, door to door at customer homes. £24,000 basic, OTE £40,000+
Are you a tenacious go getter, that wants to represent a product that makes a genuine contribution to local communities? In turn, building rapport with residential customers where you can reap the rewards of uncapped commission and the opportunities to be in charge of your revenue?
You’ll be the face of Fibrus, our brand ambassador and the first to meet our customers. You’ll be meeting with local residents door to door every day to promote a brand-new hyper speed fibre network, creating an infrastructure to be proud of in Northern Ireland.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- This is a door to door field sales role and you will be going to customers houses to sell our broadband product across NI
- Answering questions about our products features and benefits (full training on products will be provided)
- As a Field Sales Representative, your salary for this role would be £24,000 base salary + uncapped commission (OTE £40,000+)
- You will be driving sales to achieve your target whilst remaining professional and building a great rapport with potential customers
- Liaise with the internal delivery team and partners to feedback any concerns raised by residents and communicate any relevant local information
- Representing Fibrus all over Northern Ireland as the network continues to grow and develop
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- As a Field Sales Representative, you will have a solid background in sales, ideally door to door from either a telecoms or utilities company however all relevant sales experience will be considered
- You will be comfortable interacting with our potential customers in a field sales focused role, able to adapt your approach to ensure a high level of sales conversion
- You will be confident in handling objections and be tenacious
- You will be driven and ambitious, striving to exceed your targets and goals (our commission structure is uncapped so your earning potential is totally in your control!)
- You will be confident in using new sales systems and other tools such as Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
Fibrus are committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. All offers of employment with Fibrus will be subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks which may include all or some of the following: references, right to work, criminal record history, professional qualifications. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.