Fibre Planner (GB)
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Fibre Planner GB
This role will focus on producing a technical design and authorising change control from existing plans, updating them as necessary and ensuring enough detailed and validated information is provided about a build area to give increased confidence in build and cost accuracy.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Co-ordinating with our build team and our planning partners to update necessary changes on time with minimal change and maximum efficiency
- Ownership of build area by working on any changes to the design post the start of build
- A mix of office-based desktop design using GIS tools (ESRI) and in the field surveying work, walking routes and completing concept designs before turning these into technical network design packs
- Integrate within the various departments within the business so they understand the processes involved from HLD/LLD/Construction Phase/Commissioning/Sales hand over/Customer Service Provision to drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness with every design and build
- Production of reactive desktop designs and feasibilities to leverage new opportunities
- If necessary, produce construction & cabling work packages for internal and/or external teams
- Ensure that all works comply with guidelines and relevant codes of practice
- Work with the Project Manager to deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders, internal, external, local authorities to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the infrastructure and react to any changes necessary
- Design and maintain accurate systems to support the planning process
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
The ideal person will come from a telecoms background coupled with extensive planning experience. Previous experience working for a major UK telecoms company would be an advantage.
- A good appreciation or experience of Fibre Surveying and associated splicing and network understanding practicalities would be preferable however we will also consider those that have FTTH / FTTP related experience with a sound IT background
- Significant FTTP planning experience and current knowledge of associated passive network elements and optical budget limitations
- An understanding of fibre and civils in FTTP builds, such as trench lines, prime cabinet locations and placements and the challenges faced with overcoming Special Engineering Difficulties (SEDs)
- Knowledge of splitters and single mode fibre deployment
- Solid understanding of PON type architectures
- Proven ability to design and create fit for purpose and cost-effective fibre optic networks to include topology layout, fibre splice plans, cable duct and routing
- Ability to interpret and translate a set of architectural guidelines into a set of design rules for our design partner
- Proven ability to carry out joint validation surveys with contractors to establish the most effective trench/fibre routes and chambers locations (based on cost, practicality and H&S etc)
- Detailed understanding of UK/NI local and national authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works, wayleaves and streetwork
- Demonstrable experience in use of a range of GIS software e.g. QGIS
Fibrus are committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. All offers of employment with Fibrus will be subject to the satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks which may include all or some of the following: references, right to work, criminal record history, professional qualifications. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.