Events, Awards & Sponsorship Specialist
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Events, Awards & Sponsorship Specialist
JOB LOCATION: Belfast
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting telecommunications provider with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company within the UK. Founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital, Fibrus continue to deliver full fibre broadband to more and more homes and businesses across parts of Northern Ireland and Great Britain.
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country and we are committed to bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
Fibrus are seeking for a forward thinking, creative and articulate individual to join our growing Marketing and Communications function. Reporting to the Public Relations and Affairs Manager, this new position in our team offers a superb opportunity for a talented events and sponsorship professional.
The focus of this role is to define, develop and deliver Fibrus’ events, sponsorship and awards strategy. Working with event teams, creative agencies and our communication and public relation partners to drive plans and implementation across each of these areas.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, management and measurement of events, sponsorships and awards across Fibrus
- Working with stakeholders to identify and plan activity in line with the sales, marketing, build and product strategy
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness and return on investment of events & sponsorships through post-activity reports
- Advise on sponsorship arrangements, including the process and criteria for selection and activation, setting success metrics and return on investment targets
- Ensure full utilisation of the benefits of corporate sponsorships
- Actively research and seek out new and innovative opportunities
- Stay connected to key stakeholders across the business to ensure all project, product, and commercial successes are captured to support the development of an awards and recognition programme
- Setting, managing and reconciling expenditure in relation to events and promotional materials in line with agreed budgets
- Lead on the creative side and establish differentiating ways to connect with customers and prospects, ensuring best practice is maintained at all times
- Lead the ongoing capture, cleansing, maintenance and enhancement of data on the CRM system and in accordance with GDPR requirements
- Working closely with the Brand and Campaigns team to implement brand assets ensuring they are fit for purpose, attractive to key target audiences and represent Fibrus
- Develop a co-ordinated programme of events, both in person and online, exploring and driving optimal client experience at hybrid events
- Prepare event briefings, site visits (NI / GB as required) and drive project planning for events
- Ensure an exceptional standard of delivery, service and attention to detail across all activity, including comprehensive follow up, including leads
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Experience of managing a range of large and small events and sponsorships in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of writing and project managing award submissions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to multi-task and work effectively and calmly under deadline pressures
- Experience delivering online events and conferences, both face to face and online
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders including agency partners and internal colleagues
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, capable of developing detailed project plans and ensuring messaging is clear, consistent and correctly branded
- Ability to initiate, action and work both independently and in a team environment
- Proactive, creative and confident with a positive attidute
- Flexible in both dealing with ad hoc requests and scheduling work hours to accommodate the timing of events and award shows which may include working early mornings, evenings and weekends with travel throughout NI and GB as required
Fibrus are committed to building a diverse, talented and dedicated workforce. We appreciate that you may not meet every single requirement listed but don’t let that discourage you. If you have some of the experience we are seeking and offer a fantastic attitude, we’d love to see your application!
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.