Director of Network Strategy
To apply for this role please visit our careers website.
JOB TITLE: Director of Network Strategy
JOB LOCATION: GB (North East England/Scottish Borders)
TERMS: Permanent, full-time.
WHO ARE FIBRUS?
Fibrus are an exciting telecommunications provider with the single focus of being a “Full-Fibre” broadband company within the UK. Founded and launched by Conal Henry (Chair) and Dominic Kearns (CEO) by securing backing from Infracapital, Fibrus continue to deliver full fibre broadband to more and more homes and businesses across parts of Northern Ireland and Great Britain.
Our mission is to bring full fibre to homes and businesses across the country and we are committed to bringing next generation broadband services to those who need it most.
This is a key role that will be responsible for developing our network expansion strategy into Great Britain, providing commercial propositions that increase the Fibrus network coverage to premises. If successful, you will lead the delivery of a comprehensive programme of projects and activities in the region, building effective relationships with external stakeholders and actively identifying opportunities for further growth.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Work to establish the business case for investment in new network deployment in areas adjacent to the Fibrus network
- Identify network growth opportunities to maximise network reach whilst maintaining target return on investment
- Ensure programme risks and issues are identified, prioritised, assessed and mitigation actions developed, implemented, and monitored throughout the life of the project.
- Provide executable commercial propositions using available funding (including Rural Gigabit Connectivity vouchers) and targeting areas of high demand to meet Fibrus business case parameters.
- Support the delivery of business cases, bids, and investment requests.
- Build and nurture effective relationships with external stakeholders in the region
- Work across the organisation to draw on existing modelling, technical design and build resources
- Develop a business unit that will design and execute the business plan and identify the additional headcount requirement that will work to deliver the project
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Ability to identify network growth opportunities to maximise network reach
- Proven experience with developing commercial network propositions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience of translating strategic plans into tangible actions.
- Experience navigating a matrix model with influence and delivery achieved through solid programme management
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with ability to build effective working relationships
- Significant people leadership experience, influencing geographically dispersed teams.
- Independent/self-starter, proactive and hard working
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Strong sense of values, ethics and confidentiality, for dealing with sensitive information
- Ability to articulate positions and resolve contractual issues disputes
- Experience in telecoms or infrastructure related projects
IS FIBRUS FOR ME?
At Fibrus, we put our people first! We are proud to be a company who encourage colleagues to do and be their very best. Our culture is focused on trust, collaboration, growth and flexibility.
We invest in our people, offering colleagues benefits that improve their personal lives as well as their careers! So along with competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, we also offer our colleagues benefits including mental health workshops, professional development support and private healthcare. We also recognise the importance of supporting our colleagues with life changes and have comprehensive policies around menopause, mental health, pregnancy loss and leave for maternity, parental and adoption.
As we continue to grow, you would be joining a team of dedicated and passionate people who work super hard every day to improve the lives of those in our own communities by transforming the digital infrastructure of Northern Ireland and Great Britain!
We’re building something special at Fibrus, with our team at the very heart of it and we are excited to speak to potential colleagues who share our purpose!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to join the Fibrus family, please do so online and our Recruitment team will be in contact with you once we’ve had a chance to have a look at your application. We wish you the best of luck and thank you for your interest in Fibrus. #Fibrus
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, under-represented genders, individuals with disabilities, and under-represented ethnicities. We’re happy to discuss flexible working - there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus operates as Fibrus Networks Ltd and Fibrus Networks GB Ltd and will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. Please note, you will be asked to provide your Right to Work. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.
At Fibrus we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently underrepresented in our business. We’re happy to discuss flexible working, however there is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to.
Fibrus Networks Ltd will retain your information, for the purposes of recruitment, for a period of up to 12 months. We may also share your information with our partner organisations for the purposes of recruitment. Please clearly note on your application if you wish us to delete your information rather than retain or share.